Friday, August 6, 2010


So... After many months of searching for the right place, my motorcycle and I have found our new home in Nashville. A nice single story house in Sylvan Park with a detached shop. This will be the new home for the Super Hawk and hopefully many siblings to come. Much needed to be done to the space to make it functional first of which was having a slab poured. Luckily our new home is owned by a rather gracious landlord Ron Runyon. Ron was inspired by my first restoration and looked for to see what would come next. After his generosity I hope I don't disappoint. Here are some progress pics.








Next on the list was to hang some shop lights. These were generously donated by my friend and co-worker Charles Price. The addition of the new (to me) 8' shop lights really illuminated the small space making working on projects at night and this coming winter a much more enticing prospect.

Next will be to Build a mobile workbench, build or find a Motorcycle lift or platform, and acquire the many tools that I'll need along the way.





Now back the the bike. Living 2yrs in White Bluff was not good for her in anyway. No Shop space meant she lived outside year round and this has provided me with a long list of to-do's. The biggest and most important will be the carbs are in pretty bad shape from the tank sealant failure and my attempts to clean them out have proved ineffective. Those will be amongst the first to have sent off. I've found that there is no substitute for experience and for that experience I'll be looking to Ed Moore in Kerrville, TX. Ed has been riding building and repairing Honda 305's since 1964 when they rolled off of the assembly lines. It was he who restored them the first time and I'll gladly trust him with them again. Other items to be done will be listed below in no particular order.

General cleaning top to bottom with close-up inspection of all parts
Lock-tight on all loose hardware
Change the Oil
Lube the cylinder walls with Marvel's Mystery Oil
Install Electric Starter
Replace stripped kick starter gear
Remove gas Tank and repaint
Remove Wheels and re-polish hubs
Replace rear break cable
Re-hang left muffler

Some pics of the bike in her new Home.








No comments:

Post a Comment